Medias

Importantes empresas eliminan anuncios de Twitter por denuncias de pornografía infantil

Por Redacción ZoePost/DailyWire.

Según un informe de Reuters , los tweets que solicitan material de abuso sexual infantil han aparecido junto o en las páginas de perfil de al menos 30 cuentas de Twitter de los principales anunciantes. Algunas de esas empresas ahora están retirando sus servicios publicitarios de la plataforma de redes sociales.

Ghost Data, un grupo de seguridad cibernética, publicó un nuevo informe de investigación revisado por Reuters sobre el abuso sexual infantil en línea que supuestamente identificó vínculos a material de explotación que contenía pornografía infantil. La información ha llevado a empresas como Dyson, Ecolab y Mazda a pausar o retirar sus anuncios o campañas de la plataforma.

“No hay lugar para este tipo de contenido en línea”, dijo un portavoz de Mazda USA en un comunicado a Reuters.

El fabricante de automóviles ahora prohíbe que sus anuncios aparezcan en las páginas de perfil de Twitter.

Según el informe, más de 500 cuentas compartieron abiertamente o solicitaron material de abuso sexual infantil durante 20 días durante septiembre de 2022. De esas cuentas, más del 70 % seguían activas durante el estudio.

Celeste Carswell, vocera de Twitter, dijo a Reuters que la compañía revisó, eliminó y suspendió permanentemente la lista completa de cuentas por violar sus reglas, y agregó que la plataforma “tiene tolerancia cero con la explotación sexual infantil”.

David Maddocks, presidente de marca de Cole Haan, dijo a Reuters que la compañía está “horrorizada” después de enterarse del supuesto problema de la pornografía infantil en Twitter.

“O Twitter va a arreglar esto, o lo arreglaremos de cualquier manera que podamos, lo que incluye no comprar anuncios de Twitter”.

La marca de zapatos y accesorios tenía un tweet promocionado junto a otra publicación de un usuario que decía que estaban “intercambiando contenido para adolescentes/niños”.

Other tweets from the Ghost Data report found that some included terms related to “rape” and “teens” displayed next to corporate advertisers. Another example allegedly promoted a tweet for Texas-based Scottish Rite Children’s Hospital, followed by a user searching for “Yung girls ONLY, NO Boys.”

Twitter officials have since invested more resources into protecting children’s safety by hiring new positions to write policies and provide solutions to prevent the problem.

Eliza Bleu, a survivor advocate of those affected by human trafficking, has been speaking out against Twitter’s alleged child pornography problem since shortly after joining the platform in 2019.

In August 2020, she met with Twitter officials that former CEO Jack Dorsey had set up.

“I had one request,” Bleu told The Daily Wire. “I wanted them to remove child sexual abuse material at scale.”

Bleu said following the meeting, they offered her a position on Twitter’s Trust and Safety Committee, but she declined because she refused to “work with or for abusers.”

“I couldn’t knowingly profit off child sexual exploitation,” she said.

Bleu advocated for a minor survivor anonymously dubbed “John Doe” who filed a lawsuit last year against Twitter for allegedly allowing sexual abuse material of the child, who was solicited and recruited for sex trafficking and had to endure his own sexual abuse material being promoted on Twitter, even after attempts were made to remove the content.

Bleu said the lawsuits brought by the two minor survivors didn’t send a message big enough for the platform to handle.

“It’s time to hit them where it hurts,” she said. “My only hope is that by the time all of the advertisers pull out, they have enough money left over to compensate the minor survivors.”

Andrew Stoppa, the founder of Ghost Data, said in a tweet Monday that he promised to release research about Twitter, adding the company “has a severe problem with child pornography.”

“Since it is a sensitive topic, more time is needed to release the findings publicly (it does not depend on us), but research will come out soon,” Stroppa said.

Stroppa told Reuters he personally funded research into the platform’s child sexual abuse problem after receiving a tip about the severity of the issue.

Elon Musk, who is currently in a court battle with Twitter over his attempt to nix a previous offer to buy the company for $44 billion replied to the Reuters article on the platform, calling the report “extremely concerning.”

Imagen Open Clipart-Vectors para Pixabay.

Pulse aquí para ir a la fuente DailyWire.

 

Leave a Comment

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada.

*